The university search site has been redesigned. This high traffic site has long been central resource and is one of our most visited pages. After over a year of development the site has been redesigned to have a modern search experience and to incorporate search results from many different sources.
The site was rewritten to use the latest HTML5 APIs including the history api (making changing search results extremely fast). The site itself was designed using our new mobile templates and showcases how results can translate between desktops, tablets and phones. Our new search is powered by all new hardware which even further improves the site response rates.
Web site searches are the core of the university navigation. We have extended these searches to showcase results from other datasets. Websites are now crawled every night and old content is removed nightly as well.
Completely powered by the directory system used throughout the academic web sites, people search results now show photos in the search results. In addition, search results can be filtered by campus or by role.
The master calendar is now showcased within the search results and events can be returned as part of a web search or all by themselves.
West Plains and Mountain Grove now each have their own search site utilizing the same technologies as the Springfield campus search site.
- Design: Chris Austin, Web designer
- Implementation: Chad Killingsworth, assistant director of Web and new media; and Kyle Falconer, web works student programmer
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018
- Be smart on social: You’re one of us - February 27, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World, Spring 2018 - February 26, 2018