Writing for the Web
If you’re in charge of a website, blog, social media platform — or all three — you’ve likely asked the following questions:
- What do users want my website, blog or social media to provide?
- How do I organize content on my website so that users can find the information they want?
- What should I be communicating on a website vs. a blog? How do the two relate?
- How do I repurpose my website and blog content and distribute it on social media?
- What can I do immediately to make my digital communications more strategic?
The office of Web and new media is offering a free, interactive training session that will address each of these questions. The workshop will also provide tips and techniques that can be implemented right away in order to make your digital communications more efficient and effective.
- What: Short and Snappy: Writing for the Digital World
- When: Oct. 26, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
- Where: Meyer Library 101
- Presenter: Lucie Amberg, new media specialist in the office of Web and new media
Who should attend
This session is open to University faculty, staff and student employees who are responsible for University websites, blogs or social media accounts.
Registration is requested via My Learning Connection (on the Profile tab of My Missouri State).
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World - November 17, 2016
- Recap: 2016 Public Affairs Convocation on social media - November 9, 2016
- Free training for websites, blogs and social media - November 2, 2016
- Redesigned physician assistant studies website: Academic excellence + work-life balance - October 3, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - August 24, 2016
- Mobile-friendly academic website conversions: Spring semester progress - July 23, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - June 17, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - April 7, 2016
- Recap: Student work featured - January 11, 2016
- Redesigned biology website: Diverse programs in a mobile-friendly format - January 7, 2016