Learn how to grow diversity networks.
Help recruit and retain underrepresented professionals, faculty and students within Missouri.
You’ll discover how, and more, at this year’s Collaborative Diversity Conference. It takes place April 25-27 at Plaster Student Union on the Missouri State University campus.
MSU employees can attend for free, but registration is required through MyLearning Connection.
The three-day event includes a pre-conference session on April 25.
April 28: Just for students
Students lead the way on April 28. The student summit is a student-only conference and part of the Collaborative Diversity Conference.
Workshops for MSU students, led by other MSU students.
Separate registration is required for the #MoStateStudentSummit.
- What: Collaborative Diversity Conference
- When: April 25-27, 2018; Student summit April 28
- Where: Plaster Student Union, Missouri State University
- Who: Diversity experts including keynote speaker Dr. Damon A. Williams
- Tickets: Standard registration = $250, or $200 if by April 9; Pre-conference = $100
- Free admission for MSU employees, but registration is required through MyLearning Connection
- Student summit registration includes a free meal
City of Springfield
Community Foundation of the Ozarks
John Deere Reman
Springfield Public Schools
Springfield Area Human Resources Association
Veterans United Home Loans
Share your story
Help us spread the word about the Collaborative Diversity Conference. Share it with Missouri State University and local communities on social media.
If you attend the event, we want to hear about your experience! We encourage you to join the online conversation during the Collaborative Diversity Conference by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #Diversity18.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Collaborative Diversity Conference hashtag: #Diversity18
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate; Division for Diversity and Inclusion or @DiversityMSU
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Mo., hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Collaborative Diversity Conference
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective! If you attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience
Sample social media posts
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference is April 25-27. Plan your events: https://bit.ly/2GcDdiw #Diversity18
- How to be a #CitizenBear: Attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference: https://bit.ly/2HUb9wE #Diversity18
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference will explore the value of community. Registration: https://bit.ly/2HUb9wE #Diversity18
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference welcomes Dr. Damon A. Williams on April 27. https://bit.ly/2pHhSDs #Diversity18
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about the Collaborative Diversity Conference on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
Review our tips for making the most of a Facebook post.
Headline: Keynote speaker Dr. Damon A. Williams presents the business case for diversity and the value for cultural consciousness for all campus and community stakeholders.
Text: The Collaborative Diversity Conference is your opportunity to engage with diversity professionals, share best practices and gain creative ideas.
Text: Learn about inspiring commitment and driving collaboration at the Collaborative Diversity Conference.
- Social Media Kit: Collaborative Diversity Conference - April 11, 2018
- 3 tools to improve your writing - March 2, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait days: Feb. 6-7 - January 31, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World – Sept. 29, 2017 - October 3, 2017
- Faculty and staff free portrait days: Aug. 30-31 - August 23, 2017
- Free photo day for faculty and staff - June 26, 2017
- Redesigned physical therapy website: Identity and student success - April 10, 2017