In this series of posts, we highlight excellent integrations of Missouri State’s new brand platform: Inspiration you can use to develop your own branded content.
Who caught our attention
The office of international programs recently created a promotional brochure that effectively incorporates the Missouri State brand.
International programs brochure
Why it captures the brand
International programs created consistency with the Missouri State brand by incorporating recommended messaging and visual elements.
- In line with brand guidelines, the brochure has a clean, fresh feel. White space is balanced by recommended design elements, particularly deconstructed frames.
- The target audience for this brochure will likely receive and access materials from many different university units. By using the brand typography, international programs created a visual link with other university materials. When a prospective student receives this brochure, it will share this typographic tie with other university publications, promotional materials and websites.
- International programs incorporated the signature colors in recommended proportions. Missouri State Maroon is featured throughout with secondary accents of Brick City and Boomer Sky and tertiary appearances by Midnight Oil and May Day.
- Missouri State’s branding strategy emphasizes the importance of creating materials with the target audience in mind. In this brochure, international programs effectively anticipates the questions and addresses the needs of its target audiences, prospective students and international students.
- The branding strategy also relies on attribute and benefit mapping, which helps make the university’s offerings clear and relevant to our target audiences. International programs achieved this by clearly listing and describing its major units and services, including: study away programs, English language institute, foreign language institute and China programs.
- The descriptions of these units also clearly describe the benefits they offer students. For example: “The English Language Institute offers intensive English instruction to help students improve their language skills and prepare for the challenges of American classrooms.”
How it meets international programs’ goals
International programs customized the brand according to its needs. For example, the brochure broadens the central themes of the brand by focusing on global citizenship, which is an important idea for the target audience.