Dr. James E. Cofer Sr., professor in the Marketing Department, was awarded a Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture and perform research at Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul in Porto Alegre, Brazil, during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Cofer will make use of models of student persistence behavior found in current research, as well as new models developed specifically for the Brazilian higher education community. Utilizing both national and institutional data, Cofer will compare first generation and non-first generation students. Based on the analysis, he plans to identify significant differences and assist in the development of student specific strategies for retention and graduation. The full press release can be accessed HERE.
Dr. Allen Schaefer,professor in the Marketing Department,co-published a journal article with Dr. Diana L. Haytko, from Florida Gulf Coast University,titled “Corporate partnering for role play competitions in an advanced selling course.” The article will appear in the Journal of Instructional Pedagogies.
Dr. Shannon McMurtrey, senior instructor in the Computer Information Systems Department, earned his Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) in cybersecurity with a specialty in network penetration testing.
Melissa Price, MA, coordinator, marketing, strategic communications and external relations, was honored at the Fraternity and Sorority Life annual VIP Banquet. She received the 2013 Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award for Fraternity and Sorority Life-Missouri State University. She has been an advisor for the Beta Sigma Chapter of Alpha Sigma Alpha sorority for five years.
2013-14 COB Faculty and Staff Awards
On May 9, COB Faculty and Staff Awards were given out at the All COB Meeting. Several types of awards are available each year and the recipients represent many departments. Here is the complete list of this year’s honorees:
- Outstanding Scholarly Activity Award Empirical Paper: Selected by the COB Research and Awards Committee
Dr. Ahren Johnston, assistant professor in the marketing department
- Outstanding Scholarly Activity Award Non-Empirical Paper: Selected by the COB Research and Awards Committee
Dr. Vinay Garg, associate professor in the management department
- Outstanding Faculty Award:Nominations are made through essays submitted by any COB student, and the COB Student Leadership Council selects the recipient. The criterion for selection is a faculty member who contributes to student success in a profound, meaningful way.
Dr. Stephen Haggard, associate professor in the finance and general business department
- Outstanding Service Award: The COB Outstanding Service Award recognizes either a faculty or staff member who has gone above and beyond in service to the university or the community. Recipients are selected by the Dean.
Dr. Ron Clark, assistant professor in the marketing department
- Dean’s Research Scholar Award: All faculty who have authored 15 or more refereed journal publications over the past five years
Dr. Wayne Anderson, professor in the finance and general business department
Dr. S Brahnam, professor in the computer information systems department
Dr. Ed Chang, professor in the finance and general business department