Missouri State University’s master’s in counseling degree was recognized as one of the highest valued in the country by Human Services Edu.
“We created the list to help potential students find information about accredited and top quality programs,” said Kelly Simpson, outreach specialist for Human Services Edu.
Missouri State is one of only two schools in Missouri to be recognized.
About the ranking
Human Services Edu listed several benefits of the MSU program:
- Missouri State provides an exceptional learning experience for the most affordable price.
- MSU’s program is nearly $8,000 less than the state average for counseling master’s degrees.
- The counseling program offers opportunities for service-learning practicums, cross-cultural experiences and hands-on learning.
Human Services Edu uses various criteria to determine a school’s placement on the list. The criteria for this ranking includes:
- Must be fully accredited
- Incorporation of scientific, evidence-based practices in the curriculum
- High standards for supervised fieldwork experience
- Demonstration of student comprehension and competence in legal and ethical standards
- Opportunities for international travel
- Online and in-class enrollment options
- Stand-out faculty