Missouri State University supports all students.
In addition to campus resources for LGBTQ+ students, the College of Education has added updates to accommodate all education students.
With additions such as pronouns, the COE shows support all throughout their programs. These changes help create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students.
The following areas have been updated:
- The student teaching application now includes a space for personal pronouns.
- The Student Teaching Handbook now has an LGBTQ+ Guide for Internships, Placements, Practicums, Student Teaching and Clinicals.
- The field placement office will provide an opportunity for students in the LGBTQ+ community to share any concerns they may have as they approach student teaching.
The COE also made updates to the Questions to Ask. The webpage includes new questions to address with teacher candidates before they begin teaching.
- What is the district pronoun policy? If the district does not have a policy, how should I respond to student pronoun requests?
- Are there gender-neutral restrooms and where are they located?