Springfield City Utility Rebates
City Utilities electric and/or natural gas customers may qualify for a $75 rebate after the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR labeled smart thermostat and customers may also qualify for a 20% rebate, up to $300, of the total cost of insulation upgrade.
- The insulation installation site must be an existing residential dwelling served by CU. Rebate is not available for new construction.
- Certain restrictions apply; see guidelines on the rebate forms.
Restrictions apply; see City Utilities for details or call 417-874-8200.
Help others stay warm
Project Share and City Utilities gift certificates are also available to help you share the warmth with your friends or neighbors.
Project Share allows you to make a tax-deductible donation to your Springfield City Utility bill or make a one-time donation to help your neighbors in need. Gift certificates make an excellent and useful gift this holiday season. Gift certificates are credited to your designated recipient and personalized card with gift amount is sent to the recipient’s home.
If you, or someone you know, need financial assistance with utility bills, assistance may be available.
Visit the OACAC website for more information on assistance programs or contact them at (417) 862-4314 or (417) 864-3495 TDD.
- The Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) offers programs which are administered through OACAC.
- Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides relief for eligible households to alleviate an energy-related crisis during the winter and summer months.
- The Project SHARE (Springfieldians Helping Area Residents with Energy) Program is administered through OACAC and is funded by CU customer donations. This program provides assistance with winter heating costs for income eligible households from January through May.