MSU Adult Student Services wins award for exemplary service to nontraditional students
Missouri State’s Adult Student Services earned top honors from The Association for Nontraditional Students in Higher Education (ANTSHE). In April, MSU received the Outstanding Foundation and Leadership for Nontraditional Students award at the ANTSHE national conference.
This award recognizes Missouri State’s exemplary resources and events for nontraditional students.
In the award letter to Adult Student Services, ANTSHE explained how the department excels. “Your Adult Student Services department at Missouri State University provides nontraditional students with the resources and support they need to aide in their degree success,” stated ANTSHE.
The award letter congratulated Jaime Ross, the Director of Adult Student Services. Jaime was recognized for her dedication to helping nontraditional students. Jaime, and the rest of the Adult Student Services staff, go above and beyond to meet the needs of students.
Academic Advisor John Hall is the faculty advisor for MSU’s only student organization for nontraditional students. John coordinates MSU 62, a fee waiver program for senior citizens. During the spring and fall semester, John offers evening advisement for OTC Springfield students.
Tara Elmore is the chapter counselor for MSU’s only nontraditional honor society, Alpha Sigma Lambda Eta Omega chapter. She assists with assigning advisors to nontraditional students, making major/minor changes, scheduling appointments for nontraditional students. Also, she send out proactive communications to the nontraditional student population.
Linda Noe assists students with appointment booking, resource referrals, and administers placement exams. The efforts of these outstanding staff members facilitate the services awarded by ANTSHE.
Here are some of the top-notch services that Adult Student Services offers:
- Specialized orientation at the start of each semester
- Advisement, including evening appointments, for nontraditional students
- Placement exams administered for English and Math
- Flexible appointment scheduling using the online scheduler “You Can Book Me”
- Monthly nontraditional student newsletters
- Assistance for students utilizing tuition reimbursement benefits, vocational rehab, or veteran’s benefits
- Nontraditional student scholarships, including the Return to Learn scholarship for nontraditional learners
Congratulations to the hardworking staff in the Adult Student Services office. For information about the Adult Student Service department at Missouri State, contact Jaime Ross (email@example.com).
- MSU 62 Call for Art - August 25, 2022
- GOLD Program seeks nominations, applications - August 12, 2022
- MSU and East Central College sign transfer agreement - June 24, 2022
- 2021 Master Online Course Recognition Award winners - May 6, 2022
- Zoom Accounts are changing - April 27, 2022
- Community Band is the most popular MSU 62 course - November 10, 2021
- Missouri State University and Jefferson College sign 2+2 plan agreement - September 24, 2021
- Crowder College and Missouri State University bring Teacher Education to Webb City - September 1, 2021
- Missouri State expands MSU62 to include online classes. - July 7, 2021
- GOLD Program Alumni Spotlight: Ken Brown - May 19, 2021