Missouri State University is a top choice among transfer students.
On Thursday, September 23 MSU signed an agreement to make that choice even better for students.
Representatives from Jefferson College and Missouri State University met to sign an articulation agreement. The agreement outlines a commitment to writing transfer 2+2 plans for Jefferson College students who want to complete their degree at Missouri State. Through the transfer 2+2 plans, students can finish their degree online or on the Springfield campus. As a result, the plans help students prepare for a seamless transition, and save students time and money.
“This new agreement creates a flexible pathway that remove barriers to academic success,” said Dr. Dena McCaffrey, Jefferson College President. “On behalf of Jefferson College, I am excited to provide our graduates the opportunity to complete their bachelor’s degree online with Missouri State University.”
One notable transfer 2+2 plan already in the works is the Bachelor of Social Work degree at Missouri State University. The degree completion program for social work builds off the student’s associate of arts degree, pre-social work track earned at Jefferson College. Suzie Welch (Jefferson College), Amanda Keys (MSU) and Natalie Curry (MSU) collaborated to make this transfer 2+2 plan a possibility for social work students. MSU’s social work degree can be completed 100% online or on the Springfield campus.
Other transfer 2+2 partner schools
Jefferson College joins six other colleges in Missouri that have established transfer 2+2 plans with Missouri State University. Other schools with transfer 2+2 plans are:
- GOLD Program seeks nominations, applications - August 12, 2022
- MSU and East Central College sign transfer agreement - June 24, 2022
- 2021 Master Online Course Recognition Award winners - May 6, 2022
- Zoom Accounts are changing - April 27, 2022
- Community Band is the most popular MSU 62 course - November 10, 2021
- Missouri State University and Jefferson College sign 2+2 plan agreement - September 24, 2021
- Crowder College and Missouri State University bring Teacher Education to Webb City - September 1, 2021
- Missouri State expands MSU62 to include online classes. - July 7, 2021
- GOLD Program Alumni Spotlight: Ken Brown - May 19, 2021
- 2020 Master Online Course Recognition Award winners - May 7, 2021