Future teachers in Webb City can now earn their elementary education degree closer to home.
Missouri State University Outreach is expanding to Webb City, MO.
A pathway to becoming a teacher.
Missouri State University and Crowder College are pleased to announce new educational opportunities in southwest Missouri. MSU will offer a bachelor’s degree in elementary education completion program Crowder College – Webb City.
Students earn an Associate of Arts in Teaching at Crowder College. Then, they can transfer to Missouri State University to complete their degree. Through a partnership with Crowder College, MSU will begin offering the courses necessary to complete the bachelor’s degree entirely at Crowder College – Webb City.
Students may join the program with any associate of arts degree, if appropriate pre-requisites are taken.
The off-campus bachelor’s degree program operates as a cohort model. Students join a cohort and progress through all their courses as a group. Some of the benefits of the cohort model include:
- Small class sizes
- A focused peer group in the same field of study
- Students graduate with an established professional network
The first Webb City cohort starts in June 2021. New cohorts will begin every summer semester.
Students interested in joining the Webb City cohort now or in the future should contact Larry Nichols, Southwest Region Coordinator for Off-campus Programs, LNichols@MissouriState.edu.
Off-campus Programs across southwest Missouri help students’ complete bachelor’s degrees in their hometown
Missouri State offers online and on-site degree completion options at these satellite locations:
- Crowder College Neosho
- Crowder College Nevada
- Crowder College Cassville
- Ozarks Technical College Lebanon
- Ozarks Technical College Waynesville
- Missouri State West Plains
Off-campus programs is a part of MSU Outreach.
More information: MissouriState.edu/WCELE
Regional Outreach Administrator — Southwest Region
LNichols@MissouriState.edu | 417-455-5635
- Community Band is the most popular MSU 62 course - November 10, 2021
- Missouri State University and Jefferson College sign 2+2 plan agreement - September 24, 2021
- Crowder College and Missouri State University bring Teacher Education to Webb City - September 1, 2021
- Missouri State expands MSU62 to include online classes. - July 7, 2021
- GOLD Program Alumni Spotlight: Ken Brown - May 19, 2021
- 2020 Master Online Course Recognition Award winners - May 7, 2021
- New off-campus program launches in Webb City - May 5, 2021
- Return to Finish Scholarship helps student Level Up in the Entertainment Management field - September 24, 2020
- Following her passion - September 10, 2020
- MSU expands Early College online program to virtual learning and homeschool students. - August 20, 2020