The National Weather Service has advised that strong-to-severe storms are expected this afternoon and evening across southwest Missouri, mainly east of U.S. Highway 65. The primary hazards are:
- Damaging thunderstorm winds with gusts greater than 60 MPH.
- Hail to the size of golf balls.
- A brief tornado or two may occur.
- Flooding will be a concern with widespread rain of 1″-3″ likely.
For additional information, see the National Weather Service Situation Report.
Take time to review Missouri State’s emergency response plans.
- Spring Semester Test of the Missouri State Alert System - January 8, 2020
- Safe Travel Tips - November 22, 2019
- Gas odor near Kentwood Hall - November 22, 2019
- How to keep your possessions safe. - November 11, 2019
- Threat Received by UMKC @ Brick City - November 1, 2019
- Bicycle Thefts – Call to Action - October 22, 2019
- Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice to host events on campus. - October 11, 2019
- Preventing bicycle thefts - October 10, 2019
- Severe weather this afternoon - October 10, 2019
- Informational Message – Student Death on Campus - October 5, 2019