The Office of University Safety has been working with Information Services to improve our emergency messaging capabilities with the Missouri State Alert System. These improvements will allow us to send emergency messages to specific audiences or demographics, where previously we could only send messages to all members of campus.
As part of these improvements, all users will need to log in to the preferences page to update their contact preferences (voice, text, email).
The final update to the system is planned for July 22, 2020. It is vital that after this date everyone update their preferences to prevent missing any emergency communications. For employees that wish to receive notifications via their office phone, they will need to add it to their preferences.
For students, faculty and staff, update your preferences online.
For individuals that are not a student, faculty or staff and wish to continue to receive the Missouri State Alerts, update your preferences online.
A reminder email will be sent via Missouri State Alert on Monday, July 27, 2020 to all users who have not yet updated their preferences.
If you have questions, contact Jacob Welch, Dispatch Manager, at JacobWelch@MissouriState.edu.
- Statewide Tornado Drill – Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. - February 25, 2021
- Spring 2021 COVID-19 testing and return to campus - December 18, 2020
- Get COVID-19 tested prior to Thanksgiving break - November 13, 2020
- Fall Test of the Missouri State Alert system - September 17, 2020
- Missouri State Highway Patrol displays vehicles for Criminology students - August 14, 2020
- Missouri State Alerts upgrade requires users to update preferences - July 13, 2020
- Statewide Tornado Drill – Tuesday, March 3rd at 10:00 a.m. - February 26, 2020
- Spring Semester Test of the Missouri State Alert System - January 8, 2020
- Safe Travel Tips - November 22, 2019
- Gas odor near Kentwood Hall - November 22, 2019