Are you our next social media video star?
We’re looking for a smart, involved Missouri State student who wants a career in social media video marketing.
If that sounds like you, apply today and become the social media video intern with the office of university communications. In the spring 2019 semester, you’ll get to work with the people who run social media for the university and alumni association.
This internship is unpaid. However, you’ll gain valuable experience in real-world settings and walk away with several benefits:
- A professional portfolio that includes at least four pre-produced social media videos and several live streaming opportunities.
- An insider’s access to best practices about social media, video and content marketing.
- An opportunity to display skills in a professional setting, which will place the intern’s resume above their peers’.
#GoMaroon and apply to join our team
What do you need to be?
Bring your personality to this position and put your touch on all things Missouri State. Besides that, you need to love social media and creating engaging video content for sharing on Instagram and other social platforms. Be interested in pursuing a career in social media and video production. Be ready with your own ideas and execute them.
As the social media video intern, you’ll get the chance to contribute to a variety of university projects.
- You’ll produce videos to engage with MSU students through the Missouri State Instagram and Facebook.
- We’re looking for versatile storytellers who can record, edit and produce videos about current students, faculty and alumni.
- You’ll attend university events such as the university’s birthday party, commencement, fountain day and Holi.
What are the qualifications?
You have to get up to three hours of course credit. You also have to be a MSU student and at least in your second semester of your freshman year. Ideally, you are pursuing a career in video production, social media or related fields. However, you don’t need to be seeking a degree in media production, digital film or electronic arts.
The point of your whole job is to create videos for social media, specifically. So, one to two years of experience editing and recording video is needed. You also must be able to carry and handle video equipment for filming on location. Be able to storyboard or shot list your ideas for approval with the team. Plus, we’ll have a few video projects ready for you to work on. So be ready to hit the ground running.
You should be prepared to complete many of the internship hours in the evenings and on the weekends, but don’t let that stop you from this great opportunity. A majority of the events you’ll film are exciting, and you’ll get to experience Missouri State from a whole new lens.
Finally, you must also be committed to working with our diverse audiences and community populations, while demonstrating cultural competence.
Applying for the job
Take the leap and share the Missouri State story through video.
Fill out an application and email your examples to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 14, 2018.
- At least three examples of your video work