The College of Business offers annual Suits4Students Assistance Program in coordination with the College of Business Career Fairs.
COB is able to provide professional attire for a limited number of participants with demonstrated financial need. Limited funding is available each year and participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The student must:
i. be a declared COB major (sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student)
ii. have a FASFA on file, with demonstrated financial need, in the Financial Aid Office or if an international student, the Director of International Services recommendation of need.
iii. not have received a suit from the Suits4Students Assistance Program in the past.
iv. request assistance via the COB Suits4Students Interest Form.
2020 Suits4Students Assistance Program Interest Form-Apply Today!
Access the 2020 Suit Scholarship Interest Form.
Contact Mary Grace Phillips, MaryGPhillips@MissouriState.edu with any questions.
- 2020 Interest Form deadlines
- July 13-31: first consideration
- August 3 -August 21: second consideration
- August 24-28: final consideration
- All suits must be selected from merchandise available at JCPenney, located within the Battlefield Mall, 2825 S Glenstone Ave Ste 200, Springfield, MO 65804. More details will be provided to those who are eligible to participate in the 2020 scholarship program.
COB Career Fair Professional Attire Requirement
All students who attend the Accounting and/or COB Career Fair are required to wear appropriate professional attire as defined herein. All clothes should be tailored, in good condition, and wrinkle and lint free. Professional attire is defined as:
- A suit jacket and pants / skirt in a coordinating color.
- A suit jacket is required
- Skirts and dresses should be knee length when standing and thighs covered while seated.
- Shoes should be close-toe heel or dress shoes.
- Generally, a tie is required with a suit coat and collared shirt.
Any student found failing to satisfy the professional attire dress code will be asked to leave the fair and return in more appropriate attire.