Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $100 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control systems; electronics, software and data analytics; minerals; glass; automotive components; ranching; commodity trading; and investments.
Since 2003, Koch companies have invested nearly $100 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in 50 countries, Koch companies employ nearly 120,000 people worldwide, with about 65,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 1,300 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service.
Koch Companies have positions available in Wichita, KS, Kennesaw, GA, and Tulsa, OK.
A Day In The Life May Include:
- Scheduling and processing purchase orders; planning and scheduling production at our manufacturing sites, analyzing appropriate inventory levels based on plant capacity and sales demand, transacting using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, and communicating and transacting customer orders, shipments, and warehousing.
- Applying lease versus buy decision making and purchasing aggregation initiatives.
- Developing market points-of-view for products including supply/demand, global product balances and trade flows, and marginal analysis.
- Using economic thinking to optimize the overall supply chain of various products.
- Gaining an understanding of the relevant industries and market structure; building relationships with customers, vendors, traders, marketers, and business leaders; becoming knowledgeable of and ensuring compliance with standards and other compliance requirements.
- Creating detailed modeling: building ad-hoc models used to optimize scheduling/distribution.
- Delivering profitable solutions through analytical observation and alternative analysis.
- Effectively presenting results and recommendations to senior leadership in both written and oral formats.
The Koch internship program is an in-depth experience, placing interns in a challenging and meaningful work environment that includes value-added project involvement, professional mentoring, and capability based competitions. Interns also enjoy a variety of social events and community volunteerism opportunities scheduled throughout the summer to facilitate networking and lasting career connections.
For more information please visit www.kochcollegerecruiting.com.
What You Will Need (Requirements):
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering with a minimum of six hours of supply chain related courses
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
What Will Put You Ahead (Preferences):
- Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer 2020
- Experience with Microsoft Office toolset
- Related exposure to supply chain and procurement processes and technology platforms
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
Want to learn more about Koch Companies?
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Apply Online: https://kochcareers.referrals.selectminds.com/KochCollege/jobs/2019-summer-intern-program-%E2%80%93-supply-chain-procurement-25876
The application deadline is February 10th.