The associate professor of art and design at Missouri State University will begin the role this fall.
Archives for August 2023
i’m sorry for your loss… Meditations on Discomfort and Change” will be on exhibit at the Brick City Gallery August 30-October 6 and will be open during First Friday Art Walk September 1, 6-9 p.m. and October 6, 6-9 p.m.
“Enmeshed Worlds: the unavoidable entanglement of technology and our social order” will be on exhibit at the Robert and Margaret Carolla Arts Exhibition Center August 30-September 22 and will be open during First Friday Art Walk September 1, 6-9 p.m.
Featuring the works of Britt Ransom, Alejandro T. Acierto, Jon Chambers and Tiffany Funk, the exhibition encourages viewers to consider the impact of artificial intelligence, such as Chat GPT, and other technologies on society.
Kyra Uphoff wanted to stretch her horizons. An internship at the Smithsonian Institution made it happen.
Uphoff, a double major in anthropology and agriculture, was looking for an internship that would complement both academic interests when she heard about an intriguing opportunity through Missouri State’s Career Center.
It was a position with the Folklife Festival, held June 29-July 9 and sponsored by the Smithsonian’s Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
Theatre illuminates the range of ideas and emotions that shape us as individuals and define us as a society. The productions of Missouri State University’s Theatre and Dance 2023-2024 season shed light on our shared human experience.
- Imagine young Will’s inspiration for Romeo and Juliet in the dramatic comedy “Shakespeare In Love”
- Follow the ricochet of ideas in “Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind: 30 plays in 60 minutes”
- Cheer as a trio of underpaid office workers stage a madcap corporate coup in “9 to 5: The Musical”
- Enter a world where cartoon characters become mythic figures in “Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play”
- Tag along with five lost people on their journey of inner discovery in “Circle Mirror Transformation”
- Untangle myriad motives and clues to solve the case in “A Killer Party: A Murder Mystery Musical”
- Be inspired by the amazing human machine in “Spring Dance Concert: Movement Mechanized”