Top 5 Reasons to Choose Beef as Your Protein Source
• Lean beef provides more than 10 percent of 10 essential nutrients for less than 10 percent of your daily calories.
• Red meat is a good source of iron, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12, which aid in red blood cell production and brain and nerve function.
• The latest research shows eating lean beef as part of a daily heart healthy diet helps lower the bad LDL cholesterol.
• There are 38 lean cuts of beef, which contain less than 10 grams of total fat, less than 4.5 grams of saturated fat and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol.
• A 3 ounce portion of lean beef provides 25 grams of protein, which for most people is about half of their daily needs.
Blog post written by dietetic intern Jill Rolfson