Starting September 27, 2020, Zoom will require all meetings to use either a waiting room or passcode for added security.
We have strongly encouraged users to implement at least one of these options to prevent the “Zoombombing” that occurred in early Spring as the tool became more widely used. Zoom is now requiring these measures for added security. If no choice is made for already scheduled meetings, the waiting room will be implemented by default.
We have provided instructions in the Missouri State Knowledge Base for configuring both waiting rooms and passcodes.
If users want to have the waiting room enabled by default, they will not need to make changes, but they should review the documentation to make sure they are comfortable with the settings. If they wish to add passcodes, they can make that change in their meeting settings, and will need to provide the passcode to participants.
If users have questions about the change, they can contact Alan Roland (AlanRoland@MissouriState.edu).
- Don’t Lose Access to your Account! - October 28, 2021
- Mark Harsen Retirement Social - September 1, 2021
- Changes to Account Security – Set Up Your Options Today! - June 16, 2021
- Updated Content Editor in Blackboard - November 5, 2020
- Zoom Recording Clean Up - October 26, 2020
- Updated Zoom Requirements - September 17, 2020
- Coming Soon: Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) - July 29, 2020
- Microsoft Audio Conferencing Now Available - March 18, 2020
- New Help Desk Service Portal - February 10, 2020
- Information Services Planned Upgrade Day Scheduled for January 2, 2019 - December 4, 2018