Educational Questionnaire and Flu Vaccination
In order to educate employees about health benefits resources and to reduce the impact of influenza on our workforce, full-time employees enrolled on the Health Plan will qualify for the full 2024 wellness incentive by completing two actions:
- Watch/complete an educational “Did you know” questionnaire through My Learning Connection (Oct. 9-Dec. 1, 2023).
- Receive a flu vaccination (between Aug. 1-Dec. 1, 2023).
- Complete one activity for $15 monthly incentive or both for $30 monthly incentive.
Completion of an annual flu vaccination will account for $15 monthly of your wellness incentive for those full-time employees on the Health Plan. Flu shots are covered preventative service under the Health Plan.
- For employees to receive credit for completion of flu vaccination when vaccination is not provided by Magers Health, employee must email vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completion of a booster COVID vaccination is not part of this year’s incentive but is encouraged as recommended by your health care provider; check with your provider for availability. COVID vaccinations are covered preventative service under the Health Plan.
- Sept. 18-Dec. 1 – Flu vaccination available at Magers Health and Wellness by appointment only.
- Oct. 3 – Flu vaccination clinic at West Plains campus, 10 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. by appointment only.
- Oct. 16 – Flu vaccination clinic downtown in the Alumni Center, 1-4:30 p.m. by appointment only.
- Oct. 25 – Flu vaccination clinic at West Plains campus, 10 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. by appointment only.
- Oct. 26 – Flu vaccination clinic in Springfield, PSU Grand Ballroom 11 a.m.-3 p.m. by appointment only.
Employees who are unable to receive a flu vaccination due to disability, medical contraindication or sincerely held religious belief may seek a reasonable accommodation by contacting Julia Holmes, deputy compliance officer, at JuliaHolmes@MissouriState.edu or 417-836-6755. If an employee’s request for accommodation is approved, the employee will be permitted to earn the $15 vaccination component of the wellness incentive by completing biometrics.
- Employees who were previously granted accommodation with respect to the 2023 wellness incentive must resubmit their request for 2024. All requests for accommodation must be received on or before Nov. 1, 2023. Requests received after that day will be denied as untimely.
Preventative care is paid 100% by the Health Plan when services are received by Magers or another contracted provider.
All employees are encouraged to undergo annual biometric screening, which is a covered preventative service under the Health Plan.
- Oct. 25 – West Plains campus, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (provided by Magers), by appointment.
- Oct. 31 – Springfield, PSU, Room 308, 6:30-11 a.m. (provided by Mercy), schedule online.
Employees with flu vaccination accommodation:
Employees with an approved accommodation to the 2024 wellness incentive program will be permitted to earn the $15 monthly incentive by completing biometrics in lieu of vaccination. (additional $15 monthly portion of incentive will require completion of educational questionnaire).
- Biometric screenings available at Magers Health and Wellness by appointment.
- Biometric exams can be completed throughout the year; priority given to those with approved accommodation
To get all HR news, benefits insights and upcoming professional development opportunities, follow the HR Blog.
To get employee wellness news, follow the wellness blog.