At our May 2017 Public Affairs Assessment Workshop (PAAW), we provided participants the opportunity to apply for $500 Assessment Grants. Grants are not restricted to PAAW participants, but open to any faculty who is interested in conducting a qualifying assessment project. The review committee identified seven qualifying proposals for funding. The qualifying applicants and proposals are as follows:
- Alex Johnson–Assessing Student Learning Outcomes in Campus Immersion Experiences
- Tracy Dalton–ENG 321: Assessing Multi-Section Courses and Proposal Assignments
- Rhonda Stanton–ENG 221: Assessing the Basics
- Kelly Wood–Comparing Student Learning in Face-to-Face and Online Communication Programs
- Ethan Amidon–The Development of Assessment Tools for CRM 210
- Marc Willey–Embedding the Public Affairs Mission in the Occupational Therapy Curriculum
- Cathy Van Landuyt–CIS 200: Assessment, Alignment, and Improvement Project
Assessing student learning is an essential component in general education as well as majors, and this grant supports innovative practices. The Assessment Grants are intended for faculty in their efforts to support and assess student learning in public affairs and general education. Don’t miss out on your opportunity for funding! Apply Now! Simply obtain approval from your dean and department head and complete the proposal form. Assessment is currently accepting proposals for Fall 2017 awards.
Eligible projects include (but are not limited to):
- Compare student learning in face-to-face and online courses
- Develop, revise, or refine student learning outcomes in the major
- Support a meeting of dual credit, per course, and full-time faculty in a department
- Support focus groups with students or alumni to ask questions related to program learning outcomes
- Support focus groups with transfer and homegrown students on student learning in a program
- Incentivize faculty for the extra work involved in assessment
Please contact us for consideration of proposals unrelated to those listed above.
Upon notification of an Assessment Grant award, recipients are asked to complete an Internal Approval From (from the Office of Research Administration) and an Assessment Grant Budget Request form. Assessment staff are happy to help with any questions when completing these forms. We’re your support team!
Contact Julia Cottrell, Assessment Specialist, via email at JuliaCottrell@missouristate.edu or by phone at (417) 836-8431 if you have any questions regarding grants.