The Senior Survey is the first part of the University Exit Exam. It is a brief series of questions selected to satisfy state reporting requirements and for internal efforts at program improvement. This includes first-destination information, a satisfaction item, and the chance for students to comment on their experience at MSU. At times, the Senior Survey includes additional research questions that provide useful data to various offices on campus. In the past, these have included questions on academic advisement, library use, and sustainability practices.
- 94% of seniors in the College of Business reported that they planned to graduate in the fall 2018 semester.
- 92% of seniors are “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the quality of instruction they received at Missouri State.
- 21% took graduate-level coursework for credit as an undergraduate or in the accelerated Master’s program.
- 87% of respondents are planning to work in a field relating to their major either immediately after graduation (68%) or at some point in the future (19%).
- Primary post-graduation plans are wide-ranging. The majority of seniors indicate that they are either currently in a new position (24%), actively seeking employment (34%), or continuing their education (21%).
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 85% report Business as their graduate area of study.
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 59% plan to attend Missouri State in the future or are currently in an accelerated Master’s program.
- Of those not planning to return to Missouri State, the largest percentage (45%) cite “other” as their reason, while 27% cite that they want to “be in a different part of the country/closer to family or significant other.”
Comments from Students
The moment I began my education at Missouri State, Dr. Joshua Davis gave me the support and resources I needed to be successful. He always made time for me and made me feel empowered. There were also many professors that I got to know that made my experience very valuable and i will always cherish those relationships. I always felt important at Missouri State and that my future and education mattered. I am looking forward to finishing my Masters in Cyber Security in the coming years and would not choose any other university.
My department, Technology & Construction Management does a phenomenal job of training up young men and women to succeed after graduation. Professors like Richard Gebken, Jacob Nelson, Aaron Sauer, and David Joswick are incredible. I feel truly blessed to have been a part of that program and I feel I am ready for life after college due to their dedication to this program.
I really like the direction that the College of Business is headed in. The Glass Hall remodel was excellently done, and the recent changes to the Department of IT will significantly help students majoring in IT related fields with the new resources available to them, as well as the leadership of Dr. Davis. I’ve spoken with Dr. Davis regarding current changes and future goals for the department, and I like his vision. I see good things in the future for that department…I’ve had a few exceptional instructors, namely Wayne Anderson, Dr. William Meadows, Courtney Pham, and Dr. Duane Moses. These instructors were professional, they had a genuine interest in the success of their students, they are actively involved with their students in the class, they give lectures in a way that maintains interest, and most importantly, they have a passion for what they do. Charismatic instructors such as these leave lasting impressions on their students, and they should be the model that all educators strive to be. Most students have one or two of these types of instructors in their lifetime, but I was lucky enough to have at least four of them at this university, and I will never forget that.
Gary Rader was very nice, empathetic, and responsive when I emailed him about various online class concerns
Finally, a special thank you is owed to Dr. Kelly Rapp and the rest of the staff at the Career Center. My every interaction with their events were pleasurable and valuable. I really enjoyed interacting with the entire department.
Professors are great, dedicated and overall very helpful. Students are exposed to industry practices and encouraged to participate. The department strives to bring the best recruiters to discover talents here on campus and I got my full-time employment through such engagements. I started with an internship and I was offered a full-time position right after the internship. I will forever be grateful to my fellow students, professors, the department and MSU as a whole for making a difference in my life and helping me achieve my ultimate goal. I am a first generation and a non-traditional student so this is huge for me. Thank you Missouri State!