Computer Services is pleased to announce the upgrade to the cloud-hosted Blackboard (SaaS) system tomorrow, Wednesday, May 23.
Previously, access to the new Blackboard system was only available at https://missouristate-saas.blackboard.com. At 9am tomorrow, all existing links to Blackboard will direct users to the new Blackboard site. This means that https://blackboard.missouristate.edu and the Blackboard link on the Missouri State website will now take users to the new Blackboard site. Our previous Blackboard system (Spring 2018 and prior) will be available once the process is complete. The old system will be referred to as Blackboard (Bb) Legacy and available at https://bblegacy.missouristate.edu. The content and materials on the old system will remain available to faculty for at least three years.
As a reminder, Computer Services began the transition to the new cloud-hosted Blackboard system in March of this year. All Summer 2018 and future courses will use the new Blackboard system. Course shells are no longer automatically created on Blackboard, and instructors must now use the Class Dashboard in My Missouri State to request their Blackboard course shells — this means that Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 courses will not be on the new Blackboard site until they are requested via the Class Dashboard. All Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 courses were previously migrated to the new Blackboard site, and Spring 2018 courses will begin migrating tomorrow. This allows instructors to perform course copies from the last year’s worth of courses. For content older than Summer 2017, instructors can export content from the old site and import it to courses on the new site.
A list of useful resources is provided below, but please feel free to reach out to the Help Desk if you have any questions or concerns.
- Blackboard SaaS Transition Guide – How to export content from the old Blackboard site and import it to the new site.
- Blackboard SaaS Information – Information about the upgrade and the new Blackboard system.
- Blackboard Master Course Request – What are Master Courses and how are they used?
- Blackboard Course Migration Request – Request an existing Master/Development course or Organization/Community site be migrated to the new Blackboard system. Not to be used for regular, semester courses.
- SaaS Learning Management System documentation – Updated documentation on the Experts Knowledge Base specific to the new Blackboard system.
- How to Use the Class Dashboard to Request Blackboard Courses
- Link to the Class Dashboard: https://mis.missouristate.edu/University/classDashboard/
- Information Services Planned Upgrade Day Scheduled for January 2, 2019 - December 4, 2018
- Blackboard Upgrade: Wednesday, May 23 - May 22, 2018
- Information Services Planned Upgrades This Month - May 16, 2018
- ERP Banner System Service Outage - May 1, 2018
- Blackboard in the Cloud: Faculty Information Session - April 17, 2018
- Blackboard Learn Update: We’re Moving to the Cloud! - March 19, 2018
- #TipTuesday: Protect Yourself from Phishing Attempts - March 6, 2018
- Blackboard Black Belt Achievement Series: Training Schedule - February 21, 2018
- #TipTuesday: Secure Your Files with OneDrive - February 13, 2018
- #TipTuesday: Check Your Account Recovery Options - February 6, 2018