System updates are nearly underway! Be sure to save all work being done in Admin Banner and other database applications before 5:00pm tonight. As a reminder, this upgrade weekend includes downtime for the below systems and applications:
The following systems and applications will be unavailable beginning at 5pm on Friday, May 26th:
- My Missouri State / My Grizzly Den (West Plains)
- Admin Banner
- Self-Service Banner 8 (e.g. Student Information Menu, Student Records)
- Banner Self Service 9 (e.g. Employee Dashboard, Registration)
- Custom web applications (such as the Registration Status, Advising Notes, Chosen Name, and Direct Deposit pages)
- All other systems reliant upon our database
There will be no impact to other systems such as: University networks, phone systems, main websites, Blackboard, Microsoft 365, email services, video surveillance systems, electronic door access, and the application for admission.
System Update Schedule:
- Outage begins Friday, May 26, 2023 at 5:00pm.
- System testing and verification will occur throughout the day on Saturday, May 27th and Sunday, May 28th. Systems might be up and down during this time, but system functionality should not be expected until Monday.
- On Monday May 29, 2023 additional verification and testing will continue, and access to Banner and related systems may be intermittent throughout the day.
- Full system restoration is expected by the beginning of the work day on Tuesday, May 30, 2023.
Follow this page for updates as work progresses.
Status Updates for Memorial Day Weekend:
- Thursday, May 25: System backups began at 5pm
- Friday, May 26: Updates begin at 5pm. Banner and all database systems unavailable.