Banner and all database-reliant systems are now offline for this weekend’s system updates.
FOLLOW THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES AS WORK PROGRESSES
Status Updates for Memorial Day Weekend:
- Thursday, May 25: System backups began at 5pm
- Friday, May 26: Updates began at 5pm. Banner and all database systems unavailable.
- Saturday, May 27: Work is underway and progressing slightly ahead of schedule. No issues to report.
- Saturday, May 27: Updates are still ahead of schedule and most systems are complete. Access remains unavailable for all but Computer Services staff, who are beginning verification and testing for some systems.
- Monday, May 29: Verifications are complete. Staff are still working to resolve a few minor issues within our systems, but all systems and applications are now online and responsive. If you experience errors or problems, please notify the Help Desk when they reopen on May 30th.
The following systems and applications will be unavailable beginning at 5pm on Friday, May 26th:
- My Missouri State / My Grizzly Den (West Plains)
- Admin Banner
- Self-Service Banner 8 (e.g. Student Information Menu, Student Records)
- Banner Self Service 9 (e.g. Employee Dashboard, Registration)
- Custom web applications (such as the Registration Status, Advising Notes, Chosen Name, and Direct Deposit pages)
- All other systems reliant upon our database
There will be no impact to other systems such as: University networks, phone systems, main websites, Blackboard, Microsoft 365, email services, video surveillance systems, electronic door access, and the application for admission.
Access Missouri State Email Access Blackboard Learn
System Update Schedule:
- Outage begins Friday, May 26, 2023 at 5:00pm.
- System testing and verification will occur throughout the day on Saturday, May 27th and Sunday, May 28th. Systems might be up and down during this time, but system functionality should not be expected until Monday.
- On Monday May 29, 2023 additional verification and testing will continue, and access to Banner and related systems may be intermittent throughout the day.
- Full system restoration is expected by the beginning of the work day on Tuesday, May 30, 2023.