Our annual Staff Awards Luncheon will start at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 10 in Hammons Student Center. All full-time staff members are invited to attend and encouraged to wear Bearwear.
At the luncheon we will honor four categories of staff employees:
- Those who reached a five-year longevity milestone in their years of service to the university
- Those who retired during 2017
- Those selected for the Staff Excellence in University Service award
- Those selected for the Staff Excellence in Community Service award
Last year’s award recipients
Last year we awarded two Staff Excellence in Community Service awards:
- Addie Douglas, custodial foreman at Foster Recreation Center
- Alisa Garbisch, assistant director of residence life’s student success initiatives.
We also awarded six Staff Excellence in University Service awards:
- Kevin Agee, new media specialist, university communications
- Judith Campbell, academic administrative assistant II, counseling, leadership and special education
- Gay Carson, administrative specialist II, nursing
- Lynn Dickison, senior enterprise systems administrator, computer services
- Nathan Hoff, associate registrar of degree programs and advising support, registrar
- Jennifer Walker, financial aid counselor, West Plains financial aid
Nominate a staff member for an award before Friday
The Staff Excellence in University Service Award recognizes excellence in service to the university among staff employees. Through this award, the university recognizes staff who strive to do their jobs well on a daily basis, who go beyond the call of duty in a special situation and who have contributed in a significant way to the success of the university.
Each year six full-time staff receive this award (which includes a one-time $1,500 award).
Currently enrolled students, employed staff, faculty, administrators or groups are encouraged to nominate full-time staff employees for the award.
The deadline to nominate a staff member is this Friday. You can review the selection criteria and complete a nomination form on the Staff Excellence in University Service Award webpage.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!