The Board of Governors will vote on the university’s FY2023 budget later this week.
The budget includes $8.8 million in new, ongoing compensation and benefits.
- A 4% across the board compensation increase for full-time employees and graduate assistants.
- A $15 minimum wage for full-time employees.
The budget also includes a one-time retention payment plan. Under this plan, full-time employees will receive a $1,000 retention payment in their Dec. 31, 2022 paycheck.
To qualify for the payment, an individual must be employed full-time at MSU on April 1, 2022 through Dec. 1, 2022.
Updates from West Plains
The board will receive reports from Dennis Lancaster and others about the exciting things happening on our West Plains campus.
- A presentation recognizing the MSU-WP National Professional Agriculture Student Competition winners.
- Reports from Dr. Linda Wulff-Risner (chair of Faculty Senate in West Plains), Bryan Moore (chair of Staff Senate in West Plains), and Jackson Wright (SGA president in West Plains).
- Presentations detailing the West Plains campus Long-Range Plan and Campus Master Plan.
The board will discuss the 2023 Board of Governors meeting schedule, the West Plains campus Long-Range Plan and Campus Master Plan, and revisions to the Springfield campus Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities, Faculty Handbook, and Employee Handbook.
Finally, the board will recognize Student Governor Briar Douglas whose term has expired. Briar has been a good advocate for students on our board, and I will miss working with him in that capacity.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!