It seems that after a little back and forth, spring has finally arrived. The fountain on campus is on, students are gathered around outdoor tables and napping in hammocks, and I’m dodging skateboarders. It feels great.
Better yet, we have a new outdoor venue that’s coming alive with activity – the John Goodman Amphitheatre (JGA). With the nice weather, more and more classes from theatre and dance; media, journalism and film; and communications are holding classes outside in JGA.
There are roughly two to three classes held outside each day of the week. And a brass ensemble took over the stage last week.
This is exactly what we thought would happen if we built the amphitheatre.
Upcoming events and activities
There’s more to come as we begin to wrap up the semester:
- April 20: Jazz Ensemble hosted by Randy Hamm, 7:30-9 p.m.
- April 21: Sigma Gamma Lambda: Movie Night, 4-6 p.m.
- May 1: Union Club – Tent Theatre Fundraiser Luncheon, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- May 6: 9th Annual MSU Low Brass Day, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- May 12: Ozarks Jamboree hosted by the MSU Library, 7-9 p.m.
- May 18: MSU School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony, 3-4 p.m.
Tent Theatre shows
Starting in June, we’ll finally get to experience Tent Theatre in this wonderful new venue.
- June 23-24 and 26 and July 1: Anything Goes.
- July 7-8 and 10-14: Ken Ludwig’s Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery.
- July 21-22 and 24-29: The Prom.
Tent Theatre tickets go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. May 1. You can purchase them at any Missouri State TIX location, online or by calling the box office at 417-836-7678 (season renewals were sent out last week in the mail. To be eligible for this mailing, you must have held a season ticket last year).
It’s a great time to grab your lunch, head to JGA and do a little people watching.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State.