The university’s Action Plan for 2022-2023 has been finalized.
Please take a moment to review the plan and determine how we can work together to implement it.
Review the 2022-23 Action Plan
How the plan is different
This year’s Action Plan is different than prior years. We typically include substantial sections on enrollment and academic action items.
We are in the process of developing a two-year transformation plan that will address enrollment and academics.
Zora Mulligan and John Jasinski are leading our efforts to create this plan. They will update the Board of Governors on our progress in October.
Focusing on critical areas
This year’s Action Plan focuses on the other critical areas of the university’s operations — global engagement, inclusive excellence, community leadership and partnerships, infrastructure and funding, athletics, and the West Plains campus.
- Increasing the number of international students and diversity of countries represented.
- Promoting participation in education abroad and international exchange programs, particularly for historically underrepresented students.
- Implementing curricular changes related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Implementing an Inclusive Excellence Scorecard.
- Continuing to grow the university’s economic development activities in IDEA Commons.
- Developing the first phase of the university’s employer partnerships initiative.
- Leading efforts for the 2023 Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington D.C.
- Successfully complete the MSU Foundation’s Onward Upward campaign.
- Advance facility projects such as the braider facility in IDEA Commons and renovations and additions to Temple and Cheek Halls.
- Finish in the top 3 in the MVC All-Sport trophy standings.
- Implementing new programs in West Plains including welding, the ASCEND program, and second chance Pell opportunities.
I hope you will take the opportunity to review the Action Plan for 2022-23 and evaluate opportunities to support our collective efforts to move the university forward.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!