This is Staff Appreciation Week.
Supervisors, I hope you will take time this week to express your gratitude for all of the work your team does.
To all of our staff, I appreciate you. You work hard, often without much thanks, to meet the needs of our students and our campus community. Thank you for everything you do.
Come to the Staff Awards Luncheon
We kicked off the week last night with MSU Staff Appreciation Night at Mother’s Brewery.
Today at 11:30 a.m. we will have our annual Staff Awards Luncheon in Hammons Student Center.
Shuttles will operate from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Attendees are encouraged to wear Bearwear.
Three categories of employees will be honored:
- Full-time staff who reached a five-year milestone in 2021.
- Those selected for the Staff Excellence in University Service Award.
- Those selected for the Staff Excellence in Community Engagement Award.
Please plan to participate in this year’s luncheon to support your co-workers and colleagues that are being recognized and to connect with your university community over a free meal.
I would encourage all supervisors to allow full-time staff to attend this important event.
How you can participate this week
Other activities this week include:
- On Wednesday, all members of the university community are encouraged to post their love and appreciation for staff on social media with #MSUStaffShoutout.
- On Thursday at 4:15 p.m., staff will gather for an All-Staff Photo on the quad east of Carrington Hall.
- On Friday, we will host mocktails and lawn games from 1 – 3 p.m.
- On Friday. we will close the university from 3 – 5 p.m. Issues related to essential personnel, time reporting, and compensation for this closure are addressed in section 2.15 of the Employee Handbook. Supervisors will work with their staff on how to coordinate coverage if coverage is required.
Support the arts on campus
Many other events will occur on campus throughout the summer.
The tradition of Tent Theatre continues with three outstanding productions:
- “Xanadu” (in Coger Theatre starting June 22).
- “Moon Over Buffalo” (in Coger Theatre starting June 29).
- “Crazy For You” (in the new John Goodman Amphitheatre starting Sept. 9).
We will also host Broadway productions of “Anastasia” and “Disney Jr. Live” in Hammons Hall.
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils will put on a special performance with the Springfield Symphony on Sept. 10 and 11 in Hammons Hall.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!