Welcome back to campus. I hope you’re as excited as I am about the start of a new semester.
Priorities for upcoming legislative session
For me the start of the second semester always involves leading our teams as we advocate for University interests in Jefferson City. The 2015 legislative session has started. Our goals for this session include:
- A capital appropriation for high-priority maintenance and repair projects.
- An increase in our ongoing operating appropriation.
- Releasing the $1,325,000 operating appropriation for fiscal year 2015 health program initiatives and protecting it from being withheld in future years.
Last Wednesday I met with a number of legislators and government officials at the Governor’s Prayer Breakfast in Jefferson City. I am confident that many of our elected leaders appreciate the great things we are doing at Missouri State and will work with us to achieve our legislative goals this session.
Listen to State of the State address
The Governor will give his State of the State address at 7 p.m. Jan. 21. You can live stream the address at www.mo.gov. At that time we will know more about his recommended appropriations for fiscal year 2016.
We have already scheduled our first executive budget committee meeting for this year, and we will be prepared to respond to the Governor’s appropriation recommendations and begin preparation of our budget.
Stay tuned for more information about state appropriations and our progress in achieving our legislative goals.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for June 28, 2022 - June 28, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 21, 2022 - June 21, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 14, 2022 - June 14, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 7, 2022 - June 7, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 24, 2022 - May 24, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 17, 2022 - May 17, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 10, 2022 - May 10, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 3, 2022 - May 3, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 26, 2022 - April 26, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 19, 2022 - April 19, 2022