The Board of Governors met on Friday. They discussed a number of important topics and took action on several items.
Committee meeting updates
In the Finance and Facilities Committee meeting, the Board discussed the 2016-2017 Fees Schedule.
If the State of Missouri increases operating appropriations for higher education institutions by 6 percent, Missouri State University will not increase in-state undergraduate tuition for 2016-2017.
Otherwise, the University will raise in-state undergraduate tuition from $205 to $206, which is consistent with the 0.7 percent CPI inflation rate for 2015. The Board will approve the new fee schedule in March.
In the Programs and Planning Committee meeting, the Board discussed globalization and funding, two topics that will be covered in the next Long-Range Plan. The Board will work on the Long-Range Plan at its March retreat, and the new plan will be in place before the start of the fall 2016 semester.
The University wants you to be involved in developing the path it will take to achieve its mission from 2016-2021. Your feedback is welcome and encouraged.
A new non-discrimination policy
During the regular meeting, the Board updated the University’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement. The new statement conforms with state and federal law.
It is a tighter statement that lists the discrimination bases currently protected by the law without extending beyond what is legally required. The University has consistently prohibited the types of discrimination set forth in the new policy statement, and the University will continue to do so in the future.
Meeting technology needs going forward
Finally, the Board discussed Missouri State’s information technology infrastructure and needs.
The Board learned about the University’s current information technology resources and discussed how to move the University forward with regard to classroom technology, online education and student technology demands.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 12, 2023 - September 12, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 5, 2023 - September 5, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 29, 2023 - August 29, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 22, 2023 - August 22, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 15, 2023 - August 15, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 8, 2023 - August 8, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 1, 2023 - August 1, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for July 25, 2023 - July 25, 2023