Last week the Board of Governors Executive Committee met.
The board approved a plan for parking lot maintenance in the coming year. You may recall that over the past several years we have tested the use of asphalt emulsion (AE) to seal our parking lots. We conducted these tests in response to concerns about the potential environmental impact of sealing with coal tar emulsion (CTE).
I am pleased to report that no CTE will be used to maintain parking lots under the plan adopted by the board. AE will be used to seal asphalt surfaces. This decision was made in light of advances in AE technology and the results from our tests.
Updating and improving campus
The board also approved a contract for the construction of Einstein Bros. Bagels in Glass Hall. This contract is being funded entirely by the College of Business. The work is scheduled to be completed by fall 2018.
The board approved the naming of the Magers Family Health and Wellness Center in recognition of the generosity of Bryan Magers and Randy Magers. The board also approved Jack McNevin as the recipient of an Honorary Associate of Applied Science Degree on the West Plains campus and approved procurement items including the campus-wide transit system, the OPT contract with PBS and the purchase of furniture for Woods House.
Tuition and fees approved
Finally, the board approved tuition and fees for the Springfield and West Plains campuses. Tuition for in-state undergraduate students will increase by $2 per credit hour on the Springfield campus and $1 per credit hour on the West Plains campus. This is an increase of less than one percent. Many thanks to our legislative leaders for making this possible by working to restore the funding cuts recommended by Governor Greitens.
The board also approved a new CNAS course fee and a modification of the existing COB course fee. Details about all tuition and fee increases can be found in the full fee schedule.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 15, 2022 - November 15, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 8, 2022 - November 8, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 25, 2022 - October 25, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 18, 2022 - October 18, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 11, 2022 - October 11, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 4, 2022 - October 4, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 20, 2022 - September 20, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 13, 2022 - September 13, 2022