Missouri State University would like to acknowledge the work of the Missouri General Assembly in passing a $10 million equity increase to the university’s state operating appropriation.
This adjustment is the largest appropriations increase the university has received in at least 20 years.
Missouri State currently receives less state funding per student than any other university in the state. The $10 million equity adjustment eliminates the disparity between MSU and the next lowest-funded university.
This increase will allow the university to expand academic programs, keep tuition affordable and fund long overdue cost-of-living pay adjustments for employees.
During its May 16 meeting, the Board of Governors will discuss the university’s budget for next fiscal year, including changes to the tuition increase authorized by the state and approved at the April 17 Executive Committee meeting. A final budget will be approved at the June 21 board meeting.
Special thanks to Rep. Elijah Haahr and Sen. Lincoln Hough who led the equity increase efforts in the house and senate. Rep. Cody Smith and Sen. Dan Hegeman chaired the committees that supported Missouri State’s equity increase throughout the budget process. All members of the General Assembly — particularly our area legislators from southwest Missouri — were very supportive.
- Clif’s Notes for May 23, 2023 - May 23, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for May 16, 2023 - May 16, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for May 9, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for May 2, 2023 - May 2, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 25, 2023 - April 25, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 18, 2023 - April 18, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 11, 2023 - April 11, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 4, 2023 - April 4, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for March 28, 2023 - March 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for March 21, 2023 - March 21, 2023