Last week we made two critical decisions that respond to questions and comments received during and after the May 20 town hall meeting.
First, we have established cleaning and sanitation guidelines for the fall. Public, high-touch spaces and surfaces will be cleaned more frequently with hospital grade disinfectants.
Wellness incentive changes
We have also adopted changes to the university’s employee wellness incentive program.
This year, employees will have two options to reduce their health insurance premium by $30 per month:
- Get a flu shot in fall 2020.
- Or submit results of a biometric screening completed any time during the 2020 calendar year.
Flu shots will be available at Magers Health and Wellness Center beginning in mid-September. Employees must get a flu shot or submit biometric screening results by Dec. 1, 2020 to reduce their health insurance premium.
Details on flu shots, biometric screenings and open enrollment will be communicated during the fall semester.
Mental health resources
We also received several questions and comments about mental health resources for faculty and staff on the Springfield and West Plains campuses.
The university provides two Employee Assistance Program options at no additional cost to employees:
- Cigna offers counseling for work-life issues, assistance with finding child or senior care, help with legal or financial matters and more.
- New Directions Behavioral Health provides work-life resources, short-term counseling, crisis management and more. This benefit is provided through Mercy Health. It is available for full-time and part-time employees.
My Learning Connection also offers courses for employees on stress management. Employees can sign up for these courses on the My Learning Connection webpage.
The university’s health insurance plan also covers a range of mental health services. Deductibles and co-insurance requirements apply. Details can be found on the human resources webpage.
The pandemic has been extraordinarily difficult. Please encourage one another as we all continue to work through professional and personal challenges.
Next town hall
Our next Virtual Town Hall meeting has been scheduled for 10 a.m. – noon July 9. Details about the meeting will be posted to the town hall webpage as they become available.
The meeting will address issues most relevant to university employees, so we are asking that only faculty and staff attend the meeting.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 2, 2022 - August 2, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for July 26, 2022 - July 26, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for July 19, 2022 - July 19, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for July 12, 2022 - July 12, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 28, 2022 - June 28, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 21, 2022 - June 21, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 14, 2022 - June 14, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 7, 2022 - June 7, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 24, 2022 - May 24, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 17, 2022 - May 17, 2022