Last week the Board of Governors reviewed and finalized our Action Plan for 2020-21.
This year we will focus on diversity, equity and inclusion with action items such as:
- Enhance intervention strategies for the university’s Bias Response Team.
- Design and develop a facility expansion of the Multicultural Resource Center.
- Curricular modifications to address cultural consciousness and competence.
- Expand the Facing Racism Institute and create a Student Diversity Leadership Institute.
- Review and modify university policies and procedures to ensure equal opportunity.
We will also focus on academic and career initiatives with action items such as:
- Create a task force to evaluate new academic areas and programs.
- Enroll students in new professional doctoral and terminal degree programs and develop plans for additional programs.
- Pursue consortia arrangements and partnerships with national and international employers, higher education institutions and other organizations.
- Increase career education opportunities through LinkedIn Learning and other resources.
- Coordinate marketing strategies for academic programs.
We will also focus on managing the pandemic, completing our strategic enrollment management plan, and developing the university’s next long range plan and visioning guide.
Guiding our actions
This year the university will also pursue a wide range of action items in other areas:
- Support student mental health and other needs through the Counseling Center, Student Success Infoline, the Bear CLAW, and other offices and resources.
- Implement early intervention strategies to retain students.
- Begin construction on JVIC building 4 and continue the development and expansion of IDEA Commons.
- Take possession of the new residence hall.
- Continue to raise private funds through the Onward Upward campaign.
Please take some time to review the 2020-21 Action Plan. We will follow this plan as we move the university forward this academic year.
State of the University
The Springfield State of the University address is scheduled for 12:15 p.m. Sept. 23. The West Plains State of the University address is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sept. 24. I will discuss the university’s COVID-19 response, this year’s action plan and our strategic planning processes.
The West Plains address will be held in the West Plains Civic Center theater. The Springfield address will be virtual. The format will be similar to the virtual employee town hall meetings we held throughout the spring and summer.
You can find additional information about how to participate in this year’s State of the University address online.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 27, 2020 - October 27, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 20, 2020 - October 20, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 13, 2020 - October 13, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 6, 2020 - October 6, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 29, 2020 - September 29, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 22, 2020 - September 22, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 15, 2020 - September 15, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 8, 2020 - September 8, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 1, 2020 - September 1, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 25, 2020 - August 25, 2020