Last week President Biden signed legislation that funds the federal budget for the current fiscal year. It includes more than $56 million for Missouri State University.
- $50 million for the renovation of and addition to Temple Hall.
- $3 million for a faculty endowment in health and life sciences on the Springfield campus.
- $2.5 million for a hospital simulation lab on the West Plains campus.
- $525,000 for equipment and technology upgrades to support STEM research and teaching on the West Plains campus.
The budget also includes more than $28 million for projects with university partners at the Roy D. Blunt Jordan Valley Innovation Center.
Transforming our STEM facilities
The funding included in this budget will provide substantial support for the first phase of the Center for Transformational Education for Life, Physical, and Health Sciences. We will construct an addition to Temple Hall and renovate existing space in the building, transforming it into the Ozarks Health and Life Science Center.
The university is currently working with Gov. Mike Parson, Sen. Lincoln Hough, and other lawmakers to obtain state funding for the remaining costs to renovate and construct an addition to Temple Hall. Parson included these funds in his budget recommendations.
The General Assembly will complete its work on the state budget in early May.
An incredible advocate for MSU
U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt led the effort to secure the federal appropriations for MSU. He was the driving force behind getting this done for Missouri State.
Blunt has been a leading advocate for MSU and for southwest Missouri. This campus would look a lot different without his work. We owe him a huge debt of gratitude, and I hope you will join me in thanking him for his work this year and throughout his career.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Dec. 6, 2022 - December 6, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 29, 2022 - November 29, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 15, 2022 - November 15, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 8, 2022 - November 8, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 25, 2022 - October 25, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 18, 2022 - October 18, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 11, 2022 - October 11, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 4, 2022 - October 4, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022