Last week the legislature passed the state budget.
I am pleased to report that the budget includes funding for our top priorities:
- A 5.4% core increase for MSU’s operations.
- $30 million in capital funds for the Temple Hall project.
- $2.55 million in capital funds for the JVIC braider project.
- $1.25 million in capital funds for the hospital simulation training lab in West Plains.
The budget also includes $7.5 million in capital funds for a facility to house our ASCEND Program on the West Plains campus.
This was not a project we advocated for this year, but we are in the early planning stages for the facility. We will be happy to receive the funding and will be prepared to design and build the facility if Gov. Mike Parson signs the appropriation and releases the funds.
The budget also includes one-time funds to reimburse the increase in our MOSERS pension premium this year. This appropriation is important — it will allow me to present a balanced proposed budget to the Board of Governors when they meet next week.
The final stage in the state’s budget process is for Parson to sign or veto each appropriation before July 1.
Many advocate for MSU
This has been a very successful year in the state budget.
It would not have been possible without Parson including our priorities in his budget recommendations in January.
Sens. Hegeman, Hough, and Eslinger — along with many of our other friends in the House and Senate — worked tirelessly to maintain and supplement Parson’s recommendations throughout the process.
We owe all of them our sincere appreciation.
Session winding down
Next week is the last week of legislative session. Many policy bills are still under consideration.
These bills deal with financial aid, curricular and academic issues, campus policies and a variety of other matters critical to our operations at MSU.
We will remain engaged in the legislative process, advocating for MSU’s interests and priorities, as the General Assembly completes its work for the year.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for June 28, 2022 - June 28, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 21, 2022 - June 21, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 14, 2022 - June 14, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 7, 2022 - June 7, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 24, 2022 - May 24, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 17, 2022 - May 17, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 10, 2022 - May 10, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 3, 2022 - May 3, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 26, 2022 - April 26, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 19, 2022 - April 19, 2022