Today is election day.
I hope you will join me by putting the public affairs mission into practice and voting because it matters who we send to Jefferson City and Washington, D.C.
Remember that if you are a Greene County resident, you can vote at the Davis-Harrington Welcome Center.
When I began thinking about this note, I initially planned to talk about current candidates who have supported Missouri State in the past — whether through budget allocations or policies that directly impacted the university. As president of Missouri State, this is especially important to me when I am making my voting decisions.
As I thought about it more, I was reminded it’s not my job to provide guidance or influence. We each make our candidate selections based on measures that are important to us. That’s what a democracy is all about.
So today is a day when you have the opportunity to influence what happens in Missouri and in Washington. It’s a privilege we should all cherish.
If you want to know how I voted and why, send me an email. I am happy to share.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State.
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 20, 2022 - September 20, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 13, 2022 - September 13, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 6, 2022 - September 6, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 30, 2022 - August 30, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 23, 2022 - August 23, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 16, 2022 - August 16, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 9, 2022 - August 9, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 2, 2022 - August 2, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for July 26, 2022 - July 26, 2022