The 2023 Public Affairs Conference is next week (except for the keynote presentation by legendary NFL quarterback Joe Montana, which has been moved to Nov. 2 due to unforeseen circumstances).
The conference theme is Navigating the Now: tradition, innovation and wisdom in a world of change. The conference will reflect on tradition, celebrate innovation and explore a variety of ways to both embrace change and to exercise strength in the face of struggle.
Line-up of sessions
Several of the sessions will be live and others will be virtual. The full schedule is available on the Public Affairs Conference webpage.
- A virtual plenary session by audio/visual producer and broadcast journalist Diego Senior: “The Very Real Implications of AI Chatbots and Mental Health” at 12:15 p.m. Sept. 27 via Zoom.
- A plenary presentation (hosted by Student Activities Council) by educator, organizer and writer Shay-Akil McLean: “Race/ism: A human ecological system” at 7 p.m. Sept. 27 in the PSU Theater.
- A plenary presentation by NPR’s science desk correspondent Yuki Noguchi at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 28 in the PSU Theater.
- A closing plenary event featuring ILL-Abilities International Dance Crew at 7 p.m. Sept. 28 in the PSU Theater. A meet and greet reception will take place after the performance in the PSU.
Plan to attend
All conference sessions are free and open to the public. No registration or tickets are required to attend.
As in prior years, employees may use up to two hours of their work time, in coordination with their supervisors, to attend the conference. I encourage you to attend, and I encourage supervisors to facilitate attendance by individuals in your offices or divisions.
I’m excited to participate in this year’s conference and I hope you will too!
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State.
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 28, 2023 - November 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023