Here are several things of note I’d like to share this week:
Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame
On Sept. 8, the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame inducted five new honorees. These inductees were selected as citizens with a connection to the state of Missouri who serve as examples of global citizens. This is a group of people who positively impact their community and society at large.
This year’s honorees included John Ashcroft, a dedicated public servant;, Father Moses Berry, an Eastern Orthodox Church priest; Tom Carlson, a community leader and founder of a nonprofit news outlet; Lt. Gen. Karen Dyson, a retired three-star general; and Rachel Mack Robinson, a trailblazing entrepreneur.
The Hall of Fame selection committee will begin its job soon in identifying the next group of Missouri-connected citizens worthy of this honor. You can help them by nominating an individual whom you think meets the criteria.
Presidential search committee
On Sept. 20, the Board of Governors met for a special session to approve the proposed presidential search committee members. They are:
- Lynn Parman, board vice chair 2023/board chair 2024.
- Jeff Schrag.
- Chris Waters, board chair 2023/board past chair 2024.
- Rob Fulp, 1979 (chair).
- Amy Counts, 1994 (vice chair).
- Trevor Crist, 2001.
- Ryan Sivill, 2006.
- Greg Spears, 1981.
- Kim Church, director – School of Accountancy (College of Business).
- Doug Gouzie, professor – Geography, Geology and Planning (College of Natural and Applied Sciences).
- Shannon Wooden, professor – English (Reynolds College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities).
- Barri Tinkler, dean – College of Education.
- Shurita Thomas-Tate, associate professor – Communication Sciences and Disorders (McQueary College of Health and Human Services).
- Beth Walker, professor – Animal Science and Faculty Senate chair (Darr College of Agriculture).
- Brad Bodenhausen, vice president, Community and Global Partnerships.
- A’dja Jones, assistant director of athletics, Inclusive Engagement and Student Services.
- Laura Derrick, project manager-architect and Staff Senate chair.
- Bradley Cooper, student governor.
- Elizabeth Simcoe, student body vice president, Student Government Association.
- Crockett Oaks, associate vice chancellor, Business and Support Services-West Plains campus.
State of the University address
Mark your calendar and plan to attend the State of the University at 12:15 p.m. Oct. 2 in Plaster Student Union Theater.
I’ll spend the first 20 minutes or so highlighting university accomplishments during my tenure and reporting on final census results. The last hour will be devoted to gathering input from you regarding your thoughts on the requirements for the next president. This discussion will be led by Rob Fulp, the search committee chair, community leader and MSU alum.
If you’re unable to attend in person, join via Zoom.
Finally, don’t forget to complete the presidential search community survey on the search website. The search committee would like to get your input.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State.
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 28, 2023 - November 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023