Last week was a very good week.
I’m thrilled to announce that we’ve set multiple fall enrollment records this year.
- Freshmen enrollment is up 22.1% over last fall, the largest increase in history.
- Graduate student enrollment is up 1.7%, setting a new record.
- Total enrollment on the Springfield campus is up 3.9%, just 166 students short of the all-time high.
- The total number of credit hours is also up 3.4%.
- Total system enrollment is up 3.8%.
This is great news!
The MoState Access Award certainly contributed to our positive recruitment numbers. I’m proud we have that resource to help low-income students afford a college education.
These record-breaking numbers are a testament to the hard work of our faculty and staff, and to the quality of education we offer.
Recruitment, including for transfer and graduate students, will continue to be a focus this year.
As most of you know, recruitment is only half of the enrollment picture. Helping our students be successful, continue college and graduate is the second half.
We have several Strategic Enrollment Management committees and workgroups looking at how we can best support our students.
Resources for our students
I’ve shared this information with you before, but it’s essential all of us understand that helping our students be successful is why we’re here.
I encourage you to familiarize yourself with key support resources on our campus:
No matter your job title, you play a vital role in recruiting, retaining and graduating students.
Recruitment isn’t just the admissions office’s job, and retention isn’t just student success’s responsibility. Everyone at the university can and should help.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State.
- Clif’s Notes for Dec. 5, 2023 - December 5, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 28, 2023 - November 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023