The Senior Survey is the first part of the University Exit Exam. It is a brief series of questions selected to satisfy state reporting requirements and for internal efforts at program improvement. This includes first-destination information, a satisfaction item, and the chance for students to comment on their experience at MSU. At times, the Senior Survey includes additional research questions that provide useful data to various offices on campus. In the past, these have included questions on academic advisement, library use, and sustainability practices.
- 94% of seniors in the College of Agriculture reported that they planned to graduate in the fall 2018 semester.
- 88% of seniors are “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the quality of instruction they received at Missouri State.
- 20% of seniors took graduate-level coursework for credit as an undergraduate or in the accelerated Master’s program.
- 83% of respondents are planning to work in a field relating to their major either immediately after graduation (59%) or at some point in the future (24%).
- Post-graduation plans primarily include actively looking for employment (39%), currently working in a new position (29%), or continuing education (16%).
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 40% list Science as their area of graduate study.
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 45% plan to attend Missouri State in the future.
- Of those not planning to return to Missouri State, 23% cite that they want to “be in a different part of the country,” 31% report that they want to attend a different institution even though Missouri State offers the program they need, and 8% report that Missouri State does not offer the program they need. 31% also cite “other.”
Comments from Students
I have learned so much through Missouri State, whether it be academic, ethical leadership, cultural competence, or just how to be comfortable in my own skin. I have come so far in my journey since I have become a student here and I couldn’t be more proud of the person I have become. Although I am sad to leave, I am excited to be a MSU Alumni and to take what I have learned here and apply it in the “real world!”
I have really enjoyed my education at Missouri State University. I have learned a lot and have really gained a lot. The teachers and faculty are some of the best people. I recommend MSU to anyone looking for a good education.
I have had a great experience overall. Being an older student I was still able to be active in events related to my major. Being smaller in numbers also was a plus to me, having gone to a much larger university before where I was simply a number, it was a much better feeling having more direct contact with my advisor and professors.