The Senior Survey is the first part of the University Exit Exam. It is a brief series of questions selected to satisfy state reporting requirements and for internal efforts at program improvement. This includes first-destination information, a satisfaction item, and the chance for students to comment on their experience at MSU. At times, the Senior Survey includes additional research questions that provide useful data to various offices on campus. In the past, these have included questions on academic advisement, library use, and sustainability practices.
- 93% of seniors in the College of Humanities and Public Affairs reported that they planned to graduate in the fall 2018 semester.
- 92% of seniors are “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the quality of instruction they received at Missouri State.
- 11% of seniors took graduate-level coursework for credit as an undergraduate or in the accelerated Master’s program.
- 75% of respondents are planning to work in a field relating to their major either immediately after graduation (39%) or at some point in the future (36%).
- Primary post-graduation plans are wide-ranging. The majority of seniors indicate that they are either currently in a new position (17%), actively seeking employment (37%), or continuing their education (26%).
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 50% reported Humanities and Public Affairs their area of study.
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 58% plan to attend Missouri State in the future or are currently in an accelerated Master’s program.
- Of those not planning to return to Missouri State, 35% report that Missouri State does not offer the program they need, 23% cite that they want to “be in a different part of the country/closer to family or significant other,” and 27% cite “other.”
Comments from Students
I have enjoyed my time here at Missouri State. The professors in the Anthropology department are amazing. They are foster an environment that encourage students to develop important skills, such as critical thinking. I am a transfer student and my time and experiences here at Missouri State allowed me to grow and challenged me to become a better student.
Your anthropology department is excellent. I could not have asked for a better faculty to learn under.
My experience at Missouri State was great. It’s such a big school with a small town feel, everyone is very respectful and willing to help you out as much as they can. I wouldn’t wanted to spend my college years anywhere else! BEAR UP!!!
Missouri State did an excellent job of providing a full college experience. They showed dedication in making sure students felt comfortable and happy on this campus from Soar, to moving in, to opportunities for involvement for all four years.
My experience at Missouri State University was wonderful and I highly recommend attending this school to anyone. The campus is filled with instructors who genuinely care, and people that want to give you the full college experience without going into massive debt for one. Thank you Missouri State for a great couple years!