On May 22-24, at Missouri State’s Union Club, faculty reviewed de-identified student work collected from all courses in General Education with General Goals 6, 7, 8, and 9 of General Education. These general goals focus on Human Cultures and Information Literacy. Faculty, staff, and students had the opportunity to network with colleagues across campus.
- A $500 stipend for all faculty reviewers
- A $15 Starbucks gift card for faculty who submit student work
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided daily
- A Certificate of University Citizenship (Faculty Handbook 126.96.36.199)
I Would Like to Participate in 2019
If you would like to be considered as a reviewer in the 2019 Natural World Assessment Workshop or if you are an instructor of any General Education Natural World course and would like to volunteer a class set of student work samples, please email JuliaCottrell@missouristate.edu.
Submit work in one of three easy ways!
- We’ll come pick it up! Just let us know when your submission is ready, and we will pick it up, make copies, and return your originals within two to three days.
- Add Mark Woolsey as an instructor to your BlackBoard course. Let Mark know which assignment you wish to submit and he will pull the class set.
- Email us! Zip a folder and email your student work to Assessment@MissouriState.edu.
The student work you submit will be de-identified and reported in aggregate. Remember, the purpose of this assessment is not to evaluate individual course sections or instructors, but to gain perspective on university-wide student learning related to the Natural World SLOs.
Student work will be reviewed with faculty-developed rubrics:
- General Goal 10: Life Sciences
- General Goal 11: Physical Sciences
These rubrics will be developed during the summer of 2018. If you are interested in participating in the Summer 2018 Rubric Development Workshop, email JuliaCottrell@MissouriState.edu.
Any questions? Please contact the Assessment Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.