With our recent transition to teaching online, it’s important to hear feedback from our students about their online learning experience. The Office of Assessment encourages instructors to develop and administer surveys to their online classes, and to apply for an Assessment Grant for doing so.
Dr. Steven Senger of the Mathematics department has already administered one such survey to his online classes. After filtering and sorting his students by class, he asked them the following questions:
- How useful are the Zoom lectures?
- Please explain what you like or do not like about the Zoom lectures.
- How useful are the YouTube videos?
- Please explain what you like or do not like about the YouTube videos?
- What would you change about this online delivery of the course?
- Is there anything else you would like for me to know?
These questions could easily be adapted for your own classes.