With the upcoming Blackboard changes, there are a lot of lingering questions out there about what exactly is happening and how to prepare for it. Computer Services is giving faculty the opportunity to answer those questions next week at a faculty information session all about the new Blackboard system.
Blackboard is moving from self-hosted, local servers to Blackboard’s cloud servers, and on Monday, April 23rd at 3:00pm in Cheek 100, your Blackboard administrators and training specialist are hosting a demonstration of Blackboard in this new Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) system. You will learn about why we are transitioning to Blackboard SaaS, the differences between our current system and the new one, and see a step-by-step tutorial of the new Class Dashboard in My Missouri State. A Q&A session after the presentations will allow you to ask any questions or voice any concerns you might have about the new system and processes. You can check out the helpful Blackboard SaaS Information page on the Help Desk’s website to start learning about the transition to the cloud.
Space is limited for this information session, so please register on My Learning Connection to reserve your spot.
- Information Services Planned Upgrade Day Scheduled for January 2, 2019 - December 4, 2018
- Blackboard Upgrade: Wednesday, May 23 - May 22, 2018
- Information Services Planned Upgrades This Month - May 16, 2018
- ERP Banner System Service Outage - May 1, 2018
- Blackboard in the Cloud: Faculty Information Session - April 17, 2018
- Blackboard Learn Update: We’re Moving to the Cloud! - March 19, 2018
- #TipTuesday: Protect Yourself from Phishing Attempts - March 6, 2018
- Blackboard Black Belt Achievement Series: Training Schedule - February 21, 2018
- #TipTuesday: Secure Your Files with OneDrive - February 13, 2018
- #TipTuesday: Check Your Account Recovery Options - February 6, 2018