Job ID: 33878
Job Title: Management/Sales Training Program
Organization Name: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Linked Contact: Courtney Porter
Deadline to Apply: 7/18/2015
Compensation Details: We offer a competitive base salary, plus incentives based on performance. Benefits include: health, dental, and vision care; life insurance; disability insurance; 401k/stock purchase plan; company-paid pension investment plan; tuition reimbursement; employee assistance program; and various discount programs.
For More Information Sherwin-Williams has a flyer in the Resource Library in JobTracks.
Stability: Founded in 1866, Sherwin-Williams is the industry leader in providing top quality coatings and related products to paint contractors, manufacturers, industrial users, and the retail trade.
A Culture of Excellence: Recognized among CollegeGrad.com’s “Top Entry Level and Intern Employer”, seven core values drive the Sherwin-Williams culture and our company. These values: Integrity, People, Service, Quality, Performance, Innovation, and Growth, are reflected in our people, our products, and our business practices and relationships.
Our Brands: In addition to the Sherwin-Williams® brand, we manufacture and sell products under several other well-known and respected brand names such as Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s®, Pratt & Lambert®, and Purdy®, to name a few.
Opportunities for Advancement: Sherwin-Williams reports that over 90% of placement into managerial and professional positions comes from within the Company. We provide the necessary training and tools to assist our employees with taking an active role in defining their own career path.
More than 90% of our Store Managers, Sales Reps and District Management are promoted from within.
Overview: Our Management/Sales Training Program (MTP) prepares you for a successful career in management and outside professional sales at locations throughout the nation. The Program combines structured, on-the-job training, self-study modules, classroom instruction, and ongoing education throughout your career in the areas of sales, marketing, financial management, store operations, merchandising, customer service, and human resource management.
Training & Duration:
- Phase 1: Approximately six to eight weeks in a training store, this phase prepares you to sell our products and service our customers. This experience is concurrent with our Store Training and Reference Tool System (S.T.A.R.T.), a workbook and series of online courses that teach you the basics of our business.
- Phase 2: One week of classroom training in one of our four training “campuses”, located in Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; and Philadelphia, PA.
- Phase 3: Placement into an Assistant Manager/Operations Manager position.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- College graduate (business majors preferred) with a minimum GPA of 2.5;
- Eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis, without sponsorship or restrictions;
- Willingness to relocate for first assignment and career advancement;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Excellent communication skills, a good work ethic, and interest in an active, ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ type of environment are essential;
- Preference given to candidates with experience in sales, customer service, food service, or construction.
Please apply online at www.sherwin.com/mtp<http://www.sherwin.com/mtp>
selecting the Springfield District.
These interviews will take place at our District Offices located at 4650 S. National Ave, Unit D5 Springfield, MO 65810.
ONLY use this phone number for directions after you have secured an interview.
Please practice interview skills and research the company prior to your interview.
Check out Sample Interview Questions in Resource Library (Home Page of JobTracks).
And if you haven’t done a MOCK INTERVIEW with the Career Center before, check on INTERVIEW STREAM or schedule a MOCK INTERVIEW with a Career Center professional by calling 836-5636.