Company Name: 417 Magazine
Company Website: https://www.417mag.com/
Position Overview: 417 Magazine will be offering a paid Editorial Design internship. This position is geared towards junior or senior students who are ready for real-world experience working with a team of creative professionals. Once they are on-boarded, they will have real assignments and will be active contributors to our collection of print and digital publications.
Job Summary: Assist creative director and art team in design and layout of 417 Magazine by scheduling photo shoots, attending photo shoots, collecting art and sourcing materials. May also include color correcting photos and designing department stories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a paid part time position. Intern will receive a $2,000 stipend for the semester in exchange for 15-20 hours worked per week for the duration of the internship semester.
- Hours per day and number of days worked per week is determined based on the applicant’s availability, and agreed upon between the intern and creative director at the time of hire.
- The position will include mid-point and final evaluations.
- Intern will walk away with professional experience and portfolio-worthy projects.
- Must be able to provide a resume and samples of work along with application.
Skills and Strengths:
- Design sensibility, visual creativity, basic understanding of typography
- Ability to represent themselves and the company through the mission and core values of 417 through any interactions inside or outside of the office and online with co-workers and the public.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite design software – Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Intrinsically motivated to work independently yet still be a team player
- Comfortable with following direction and receiving feedback as required
- Comfortable managing a workload of multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Photography, Videography, and/or Illustration
Internship Location: Springfield, MO
Internship Weekly Hours: 15-20 hrs/ week
Compensation: $2,000 stipend for the semester
Internship Start Dates: Spring, Summer, or Fall Semester
Application Instructions: Apply by emailing Sarah Patton, creative Director, with a resume and portfolio; or apply online at 417mag.com/intern.
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2022.