Each June, I provide the Board of Governors with a presentation about our work over the past year at the university. I also provide them with a written report detailing that work.
I hope you will take a moment to review this year’s report and slide presentation.
Over the past year, we successfully responded to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are coming out of the pandemic without seeing a decline in enrollment and with an improved financial position.
While managing the pandemic was certainly a highlight from 2020-21, our results from this year are extraordinary standing on their own.
- We grew our graduate enrollment and maintained our overall enrollment despite 600,000 less students enrolling in college nationwide.
- We implemented a new tuition model that charges the same tuition rate for in-state students enrolled in seated and online courses.
- We set a new record for degrees and certificates awarded.
- We set new records on retention and graduate rates.
- We completed our HLC 4-year Assurance Review with no critical feedback or suggestions.
- We started our first cohorts in the Doctor of Defense and Strategic Studies program and the MFA in Dramatic Writing program.
- We expanded our use of LinkedIn Learning in the classroom and for our employees.
- We expanded the Facing Racism Institute and increased other cultural consciousness training for students, faculty, staff and the community.
- We began the Multicultural Resource Center expansion and enhanced partnerships with college access programs, including relocating the Student African American Brotherhood to our campus.
- We started the Bear Bridge mentorship program and had widespread participation.
- We completed our efactory expansion project, began the Blunt Center expansion, and sold land to the City of Springfield to daylight Jordan Creek in IDEA Commons.
- We completed the McQueary Family Health Sciences Hall addition and the Betty and Bobby Allison Event Center at Greenwood Laboratory School.
- We began work on the Springfield Public Schools agriculture magnet school and the John Goodman Amphitheatre.
- We received more than $50 million in external funding for the fourth year in a row, and the foundation set a new record for gifts received.
- We won conference championships in four sports, and our student athletes had a combined GPA of more than 3.0 for the 17th straight semester.
I hope you take great pride in what we accomplished together in 2020-21. These accomplishments would not be possible but for your extraordinary work and dedication to our university.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for May 23, 2023 - May 23, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for May 16, 2023 - May 16, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for May 9, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for May 2, 2023 - May 2, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 25, 2023 - April 25, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 18, 2023 - April 18, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 11, 2023 - April 11, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for April 4, 2023 - April 4, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for March 28, 2023 - March 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for March 21, 2023 - March 21, 2023